Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday- Bench

This heat is really taking a toll on me.  I don't feel tired or fatigued during the day, but when it comes to lifting in the afternoon my work capacity is definitely a bit lower than normal.  It's usually a little bit warmer in the gym than it is outside since there isn't a whole lot of air movement.  But to be honest I like working out in the heat rather than the cold.  I warm up quicker and I like the feeling of sweating.  Win/Lose I guess.

Bench: 175x5; 205x5; 230x10

I'm pretty sure I had at least two reps in the tank.  If I had ground them out it would have tied my PR at this weight.  On my last sets I'm supposed to go for max reps.  I'm always going to keep a rep or two or three in the tank to help keep my CNS fresh.

DB Bench: 70x10; 80x10; 90x10

Chins (various grips): 3x8
w/
Dips: 3x10

Some prowler and some tempo runs

Bench feels pretty good.  No elbow or shoulder pain to speak of.  Chesticles got a good pump from the DBs.  Chins and dips could have been a little bit better, but that will come.  Time to eat.

Song of the Day:

"Do you want to know who you are?  Don't ask.  Act!  Action will delineate and define you." -Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment