Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Last Two Days

I totally blanked on posting what I did yesterday.  Here goes.

Power Clean: 242x2x3

Dead Lift: 345x3; 395x3; 445x3

RDL: 265x10x3

Glute Ham Hypers: 3x10
w/
Ab Wheel: 3x10

All my dead lifts and cleans felt pretty easy and fast.  Still taking it slow on the deadlift since they beat me up like none other.

Today

Standing Press: 130x3; 150x3; 170x6 or 7 (I forgot)

Log Press: 120 x10 130x10x2

Lat Pull Downs: 3x15
w/
Tate Press: 3x12

Swimmer Complex: 2x15

Conditioning

Katie and I ran some of the same conditioning drills I did on Saturday.  They felt a lot better for me than they did on Saturday.  My ankles felt stronger and I wasn't at all worried about my hamstrings blowing up.  I was still pretty tired at the end though.  Katie on the other hand wasn't even breathing hard.  At one point I looked over at her and said, "These aren't hard at all are they?"  She just smiled and said, "Not really."  She was cool though and stayed with me and didn't embarrass me too bad.  Even if she beat me by twenty feet on all of them I wouldn't feel bad though.  She was a college sprinter and I played a position in football generally employed by those of a much huskier persuasion.  Apples and oranges.

Song of the Day:

"A man only begins to be a man when he ceases to whine and revile, and commences to search for the hidden justice which regulates his life. And as he adapts his mind to that regulating force, he ceases to accuse others as the cause of his condition, and builds himself up in strong and noble thoughts; ceases to kick against circumstances, but begins to use them as aids to his more rapid progress, and as a means of discovering the hidden powers and possibilities within himself."~ James Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment