Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday and Weekend Recap

Saturday I woke up early-ish and trained.  I benched.  Here's what it looked like.

Bench: 245x7

DB Bench: 3x10 (finished with 95's)

Weighted Pullup: 4x5
w/
Weighted Dips: 4x10

Conditioning

I did some football type conditioning and I realized real quick I need to run more.  My ankles are so weak I had trouble sprinting up on my toes.  I'm thinking that if I keep my running moderate it will also help my knees.  As long as I don't beat myslef up too much with the running the extra stress will actually strengthen my knees and ankles and hips and help keep them healthy.  Hopefully.

After training I went home and waited for the Fam (Mom, stepdad Pete, sister Stacy, sister's BF Manny) to show up.  We had a date with German Fest.  It was pretty fun.  We didn't really have an agenda so we mostly just meandered and when something caught our attention we stopped.

Growing up my family never really celebrated our heritage.  It's something that I've always kind of regretted.  It was kind of cool to see all the people dressed up in tradtional German clothing, even the kids.  I ended up buying a traditional German dress hat that I feel will be getting a good deal of use.  One thing that I would have liked to see was a little bit more educational stuff about German Heritage.  Perhaps there was and I just missed it.

I was pleasently surprised by Sprecher's German Fest Bier.  It a nice taste, a good finish, and didn't leave a stale beer taste in your mouth.  I bought a plastic Das Boot and drank out of that all day.  I also didn't drink any water and didn't really eat any food.  I felt like a bag of smashed assholes the next morning.  Headache, kind of dizzy, and real achey.

A few hours after my mom and Pete left on Sunday morning Jake, Erin, Katy, and I went to the Brewer's game.  We went a few hours early and tailgated.  For whatever reason the women of the group were all about bonging beers.  If you are unfamiliar with beer bongs it is just a large funnel connected to a few feet of clear plastic tubing.  This allows the beer to flow extremely fast down the drinker's throat.  As long as the drinker knows what they are doing.  If they don't they will sometimes get a faceful of beer and it's pretty funny.  The game was good (although we didn't watch too much of it) with some good friends and a great ending to a great weekend.

Song of the Day:

“It is indeed a desirable thing to be well descended, but the glory belongs to our ancestors” -Plutarch

No comments:

Post a Comment