Saturday, December 17, 2011

Friday

Clean High Pulls:
264x1x5

Squat:
Up to 385x1, 2 ,3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3

Fat Bar Bench:
Up to 245x1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3

Single Arm Row:
4x8 w/ 120s
w/
Inverted Row:
4x8 w/ body weight

Fat Bar Curls:
4x8
w/
Reverse Hypers:
3x12

35 yard sprintsx8

Really good session today.  Squats got a little funky at the end.  I think my piriformi (pl. of prirformis which is part of the gluteal complex near the top and outside of your butt cheek) had had enough by the time I got to the last set.  Since this muscle sits across the sciatic nerve when that little guy gets tight you feel loads of lower back pain.  In fact there are those that would guess that around 90% of low back pain is due to piriformis tightness.  I would tend to agree although I would say it's more just muscle tightness and weakness in general that causes most of it.  I think I've just stumbled upon an article idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment