Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After

Clean Pulls
292x2 singles
198x3x2 from the hang

Bottom Up Squats
Up to 405x1

Squat Supports:
600 x 10 singles

I then ran around the block as fast as possible.  Yikes.

My motivation for today's garage gym was that I put it in my head that I binged this weekend and needed to work it off.  Christmas is in all regards National Cheat Day wherein the average person eats 4000-6000 calories during the festivities.  And that's just Christmas Day.  Many people have multiple celebrations over the few weeks before and after the actual holiday.  In any case I was somewhat of a party pooper.

If I had to guess I'd say I stuck to my diet about 90% of the time.  I had a few cocktails and a few unplanned meals but didn't stray too far from what I normally ate.

This isn't really a good or bad thing.  If I wasn't doing this diet competition then all bets would have been off and I would be in a cookie coma right now.  One story kind of illustrates my mentality on the whole thing:

A little background.  The winner of the diet challenge gets to chose the food that Lance and I are going to eat for our Super Bowl get together.  The loser is going to buy.  My girlfriend's three year-old son was picking at a gingerbread house and eating some of the candies and gum drops off of it.  He was kind enough to share one of the gum drops with me.  Once he walked into the other room I went to throw it away.  My girlfriend's mom then said, "Jeez you can't even eat a gum drop?"  I replied, "The way I see it is that could be a $100 dollar gum drop right there.  I'd much rather win than eat the gum drop."

I'm extremely thankful that everyone that knows that I'm doing this is very understanding and supportive.  I don't have cravings so being around food isn't a problem.  I just don't want to offend anyone by not eating what they have prepared.  But luckily it hasn't been an issue.

The moral of the story is that it is possible to diet during the holiday's.  At the very least it's possible to maintain where you are at without gaining extra weight.  It just takes discipline.  A good support system always is a big help too.

Tomorrow I'm going to lay down some TRUTH about New Year's Resolutions.  To be blunt: I'm not a fan.

Hope everyone has had a happy and safe holiday season with one left to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment