Monday, January 23, 2012

Training Update

Today was my first day back from my deload.  It felt good to know that I had some heavy stuff planned and didn't have to take it easy.  My next twelve weeks I've got planned out.  The program that I'm going to do incorporates heavy strength days, moderate repetition days, some Olympic style weightlifting, conditioning, and something that has been missing from my training for a while, sprints/moving like an athlete.

I've been putting all of my training eggs into the lifting basket for a while now that it's time I up my conditioning and movement training.  Like all things I'm going to ease into it with medicine ball work, jumps, and basic movement progressions.  I'll also have a day where all I do is conditioning work like hill sprints, prowler sprints, sled sprints and things of that nature.

Since I'll be doing something just about everyday I'm going to just throw out an end of the week training update instead of a bunch of small posts throughout the week.  During the week  I'll try to roll out 1-2 new articles instead.  Some will be motivational, some will be technical, and some will focus on different exercises I'm trying.  All will be stimulating to the highest degree.

In any case, here is what I did today:

Strict Fat Bar Press:
115x5
135x5
150x5
135x5
120x 3 sets of 5

Single Arm Row:
100x 2 sets of 10
110x 2 sets of 10
120x10

Wall Walk Up with a Press:
15 total reps

Fat Bar Single Arm Curls:
3 sets of 8
w/
Band Pull Aparts:
3 sets of 25

First article of the week coming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment