Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday

Squat:
up to 315x5
275x5
225x5x5

Bulgarian Split Squats:
4x8 each leg

Reverse Hypers
4x10

Hanging Leg Raises:
15 total reps

Upper Body Body Weight Stuffs:
10 mins.

Stretching:
10 minutes

I've been reading a lot on body weight upper body work and experimenting with some things in my training.  Adding in a few exercises here and there I think has really helped me retain a lot of my pressing strength as I've dieted down.  Usually pressing strength is the first thing to drop off when losing fat.  A lot of the stuff I've been trying is done statically.  That is, I don't actually move.  I just try to hold myself in place for as long as I can.  I think this has given me a good amount of CNS improvement which will carry over in the form of more efficient motor unit recruitment.  This essentially means I've gotten stronger with what I've already got.  I haven't really added any new muscle per se, just made the muscle that I do have stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment