Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday Funday

Unlike last year I don't have a horse in the race today.  I'm actually rooting for both teams to get dysentery and have them both lose.  That won't happen.  I'm also rooting for the halftime show to get cancelled.  That won't happen either  Whoever thought that Madonna and her praying mantis arms would be a good idea must really want the ratings to plummet for the halftime show and beginning of the second half.  Good thing we've still got the Puppy Bowl.

So without anything to really root for my focus is going to be on the food.  Twenty-one pounds of meat have been purchased among other things.  I also made a dessert that I came across on Jen Comas Keck's training log on EliteFTS.  I'm going to name them Wilford Brimley 'Beetus Bars.

To make them I lined a 13"x9" pan with parchment paper.

Then I spread a roll of Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough on the bottom.

On top of the cookie dough I spaced out 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (In hindsight I could have used more.  I now know what Oscar Schindler felt like. [That was a joke.]).

On top of all that I spread a family size box of chocolate chunk brownie batter.  After 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven my house smells like Willy Wonka's wettest dream ever.  I can't wait to eat them.

Can you see the layers?
To try to offset all of the damaging delicious food I'm going to consume I'll be doing a little training before the festivities get under way.  Going into a feast anabolic and being as insulin sensitive as possible is the best way to try to minimize the gluttonous effort I'll be putting forth.  I'm actually just writing this out so I actually do it instead of skip it and go right for the food.

-Run around the block

-10 rounds of:
5 pull/chin ups
10 pushups
5 single arm snatches on each side with a 45 lb. DB

-6 hill sprints

Hopefully it doesn't take me much more than 25-30 mintues.

And it's now time to get this show on the road.  Have fun, be safe, and GO DYSENTERY!

No comments:

Post a Comment