Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back Up In This

Been mad long since I've updated my training so I'm just going to give you the nuts and bolts of what I'm doing.

For all of my lifts I'm working up to a single anywhere between 85-95% of what I want to hit in November.  My drop down sets are based off of Prilipen's Chart and I'm doing three week cycles.

Week 1: 5x5 at 65% of top single
Week 2: 4x4 at 75% of top single
Week 3: 3x3 at 85% of top sinlge

This is the second week of the second cycle and I bumped some of the percentages by about 2.5%.  All of my work sets are done with max speed in mind.  Speed is the name of the game not only on the way up but also on the way down, especially on squats.  I think one thing holding me back from progressing was that I would descend too slow and lose my stretch reflex.  I've been working on getting down fast without losing tightness and I like the results so far.  Speaking of which here are a few highlights.

460 beltless back squat.  Possible PR.
545 beltless dead lift.  PR.

That's about it since my presses have taken a half step back.  My guess is this is due to only doing bench and press once per week.  I'm going to fix this moving forward.

That's about all there is.  Just plugging along until November comes.  I'll definitely be updating and writing more articles going forward.  Pinky swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment