Saturday, February 23, 2013

Whoa, Yeah, Kickstart My Blog Hope It Never Stops!

Thanks to Night Train this was the most drunk I've ever been at a concert.
It has been hella long since I’ve posted on here.  Like middle of November long.  There’s really no excuse for the prolonged absence but I’m going to throw a few at you.

I moved.

I got a new job.

I got engaged.

I got married.

We converted our garage to a home gym.

And most importantly I just straight up didn’t have any ideas that I felt were good enough.  And on top of that I feel that my writing kind of flows with my lifting.  Right now and pretty much since I’ve moved down to Chicago I haven’t really been trying to push the heavy weights.  I fell I’ve been getting stronger but I haven’t really done a dedicated strength cycle.  I’m more or less keeping weights far away from the potential of a missed lift and getting more volume than I have in the past.  I’ve been coasting on intensity and coasting on the blog.  It makes sense in my head.

I’m not going to make any drastic changes to my training but it’s time to get this blog thing going again.  But first here is where I’m at in my life.

Amy and I get engaged over Thanksgiving weekend.  We got married in January in Cozumel, Mexico and our reception is in two weeks.  This is by far the best thing I have ever done.  I can truly say that I married my best friend and I married her for all the right reasons.  Plus, she likes sociable drinking just as much as I do.  Here's some of our wedding pics.



Now here comes the boom.

I just quit my job at Life Time Fitness.  Life Time is a big box chain gym but definitely appeals to a higher socioeconomic demographic.  I like Life Time and everyone I worked but ultimately it wasn’t me.  Not my style of environment.  I came up in a gym that is a converted warehouse, plays loud, aggressive music, and trains people that come to the gym with the mindset that it’s fucking go time.  And that’s why I’m starting my own training business.  Also, giving over half of the money that I bring in to Life Time back to Life Time really blew.

I’m going to run it out of my garage affectionately known as the Hometown He-Man Crushatorium.  I’ve got enough clients to get me started and I’m going to grow it from there.  I have no idea where it is going to go from here.  It could stay small, it could blow up.  All I know is that I’m going to be helping people be healthy, strong, and awesome.  And that’s all that I really want to do.


First article is going to come at you on Monday and it is going to be on the many permutations that my home gym has gone through.

Until then, keep it right, tight, and in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment