Thursday, November 1, 2012

Remember, Remember....

...the first of Movember.

Icy gazes are so much better with a mustache.
It's Movember first and I couldn't be happier.  My Mo Bros and I are back for another year of kicking cancer in the balls.  But in case you're all like, "Meh, cancer's not so bad.  We should save the trees or donate to some shitty politician"  I got some facts for you.

This year over 8,000 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer with over 350 of them dying from it.

1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime.

28,000 men in the US will die of prostate cancer.

Fuck.
That.
Shit.

Some of the most important people in my life are men and those numbers scare me.  Those numbers scare me because I don't want my man parts cut out and/or blasted with radiation.  I want them happy and healthy and ready at a moment's notice when it's time to make this world a better place by passing along my seed.  You know, pollinate some fucking stamens if you're into flower references.

So if you want to help rid the world of this scourge of a disease go to http://mobro.co/TroyDequaine to join or donate.  This year I started my own team and right now it's a two-man wolf pack of myself and my Mo Bro Eric Ficek.  If you want to join you'll be joining Team MDK.  If you're a fan of the movie Demolition Man you'll know that MDK stands for Murder Death Kill.  And that's exactly what we are trying to do to that bastard cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment